Campbell’s Classic Green Bean Casserole
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 dash black pepper
- 4 cups cooked cut green beans
- 1 1/3 cups French’s® French Fried Onions
Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Bake at 350°F. for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
- For the cooked green beans: Use 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) green beans, drained, about 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans or 16 to 20 ounces frozen green beans, thawed, for this recipe.
- For Golden Green Bean Casserole: Substitute Campbell’s® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup for the Cream of Mushroom Soup. Omit the soy sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with the green beans.
- For Broccoli Casserole: Substitute 4 cups cooked broccoli florets for the green beans.
- For Cheese Lovers: Stir in 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese with the soup. Omit the soy sauce. Sprinkle with an additional 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions.
- To add a festive touch: Stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with the soup.
- To add crunch: Add 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds to the onion topping.
- For bacon lovers: Add 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, to the bean mixture.
- Chef Tip: Try this Italian version with pancetta and rosemary! Cook 4 ounces pancetta, diced, in a skillet over medium heat until almost crisp. Add 1/4 cup chopped onion and 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves to the skillet and cook until onion is tender. Add the pancetta mixture to the soup mixture in Step 1. In Step 2, sprinkle the remaining French fried onions with 1 tablespoon grated Pecorino Romano cheese, then bake as directed in Step 3.
Campbell’s Green Bean Casserole
- 2 cans (10.5 oz each) Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups cooked green beans (about 4 cans, drained)
- 2 2/3 cups French’s Crispy Fried Onions
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk, soy sauce, and black pepper. Mix well until smooth.
- Stir in the green beans until they are evenly coated with the soup mixture.
- Stir in 1 1/3 cups of crispy fried onions.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the green bean mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Stir the green bean mixture and then sprinkle the remaining crispy fried onions on top.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving.